Password Length isse

I cannot login to OMP 3.1.1.4 but I cannot login to admin or to reset password. The system states that the password length must be at least 127 characters. I cannot even set a password via phpmyadmin. What can I do?

Hi @giellemme

In case you have access to your MySQL CLI you may run a SQL statement to reset your password:

UPDATE users SET password=SHA1(CONCAT(username,'newPasswordHere')) WHERE username='usernameHere';

Just check if you are using SHA1 or MD5 in your config.inc.php file.

Regards,
Israel Cefrn
Public Knowledge Project Team

Tried it. Not working.

Hi there. Any clue on How do I set a minimum / maximum password length in OMP 3.1.4 ?

The minimum password length field appears on the site settings form:

Presumably the corresponding database value would be in the site_settings table, with a setting_name of “minPasswordLength”.

Presumably? There is no such key in the table site_settings…Damn.

But…where is this site settings form in the admin panel?

I don’t have a install of OMP 3.1.1-4 to reference, so I’m just basing my comments on the code itself.

It appears the siteSetupForm is a tab alongside the languages, plugins, and navigation menu:

In OJS, I think the equivalent would be Admin → Administration → Site Settings, but this might also depend on whether you have multiple presses enabled or just a single press enabled. In OJS if you have only one journal enabled, this “Site Settings” link is hidden.