OxS urkund plugin?

Hi,

Don’t ask me why, but my university is paying for this plagiarism software: http://www.urkund.com

The point is they like to integrate this in OJS so I started to look if somebody did this work before.

The only former work I found is: RELIEVE - Revista Electrónica de Investigación y Evaluación Educativa
It looks like a simple “custom block” publishing instructions to “send me the paper by mail and I will check your doc against urkund in your behalf”. I mean, it’s not what I expect when I’m talking about “integration”.

I didn’t though much about this (is a new request) but I imagine plagiarism check make sense when you are reviewing the articles or even before… when the editor decides if it need to be accepted.

¿Did somebody know about any other module integrating urkund in OxS?

¿Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your time,
m.

Hi @marc,

You might start by looking at the iThenticate plugin for OJS 2.x (you didn’t mention whether you’re using OJS 2.x or 3.x). I’m not sure how up-to-date that plugin is, but it should at least serve as a useful starting point if you want to adapt it to your version of OJS and the Urkund service.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like