Our journal website is so bad in appearance

Why our journal website is so bad in appearance ? I have download ojs-3.1.0-1.tar.gz and followed your instruction step by step to installation. Please check my website http://ejurnal.stftws.ac.id. Is there anything wrong with the installation ? Thank you

Hi @francoissl

It seems your journal is not loading CSS or it’s theme either. Could you check your php error log and webserver log to verify any error message related to CSS file loading?

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

I had a similar problem with no stylesheet. In the end I increased the upload limit in a php file, I think.Stylesheet not showing

Hi Israel.cefrin,

this is error log “readfile() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/stfs4673/public_html/ejurnal/lib/pkp/controllers/page/PageHandler.inc.php on line 172”

Any solution for this ?

I think that there are already posts in forum related to this issue and it ussually relates to not properly completed installation, cache or permissions on server. Please search forum and you will find more detailed advice.

Thanks

Thanks for your advice. I found 2 topics about my problem.

http://goffgrafix.com/blog/2010/04/if-your-server-sets-the-allow_url_fopen-and-allow_url_include-php-directives-off/

After i read them, I don’t know what to do ? maybe you can provide a more appropriate solution for me ? Thanks

Can you re-install your OJS from scratch and make sure there were no errors during installation.
I think that is the best option at this point of time.

Please check this

and pay attention to my notes at the end of that thread.

I deleted all files, unapacked again from ojs-3.1.0-1.tar and upload to my /public-html/
I try call my website to install but got error message like this :

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/stfs4673/public_html/ejurnal/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 146

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/stfs4673/public_html/ejurnal/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 148

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/stfs4673/public_html/ejurnal/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 150

Deprecated: Non-static method VersionCheck::getCurrentCodeVersion() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/stfs4673/public_html/ejurnal/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/MaintenanceForm.inc.php on line 37

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/stfs4673/public_html/ejurnal/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 369

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/stfs4673/public_html/ejurnal/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 592

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/stfs4673/public_html/ejurnal/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php:146) in /home/stfs4673/public_html/ejurnal/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 863

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/stfs4673/public_html/ejurnal/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php:146) in /home/stfs4673/public_html/ejurnal/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 864

So what i must to do ?

These are warnings only. Please delete all files from your public_html folder, unpack freshly OJS and create blank database and install OJS fresh.

You can look my website http://ejurnal.stftws.ac.id now
Firstly the website display is ugly and not loading CSS.

Your folder for files hould be out of public_html.

Are you sure that permissions/ownership are set properly so the system can use files?
Please make sure that you unpacked all files properly from OJS .tar.gz archive/

Please allow in php.ini at least 180 seconds for script to complete task and allocate 256MB of RAM.

I have reinstall and unpack newest file ojs tar, uploaded all to web server. setting permission and all your instruction, but still ugly… please check http://ejurnal.stftws.ac.id

Please help me! I am frustating now :tired_face::confounded:

I can see something like this:

So I suspect you might want to clear your browser cache or try some other device/OS/browser.

My problem has been SOLVED !!!

Anyone here cannot answer and help me. So I opened error log and found error message “PHP Warning: readfile() has been disabled for security reasons this file lib/pkp/controllers/pagePageHandler.inc.php line 172”

I changed script ‘readfile($cachedFile);’ become ‘echo file_get_contents($cachedFile);’

That’s it !!! simple and works !!!

I suggest to contact the hosting ptovider and ask them to provide the permission for that PHP function. Code modifying should take place only if you know what you are doing.

So, as it is suggested already the question is related with infrastructure or server settings.

use OJS2 is not too bad, easier…please check mine dinamia.unram.ac.id

thanks

only the problem is I cannot see a facility that can be used for resubmitting the manuscript after the manuscript has been corrected.
any body knows?