OTS fails due "An unexpected error occured. "

Hi @axfelix

finally I found a little time to test OTS. I follow the installation notes published in your github repo but when I run a conversion (“Convert to XML”) I get an error. Here you have a description of the error and my server’s stack:

About the job:

Job Id: 5b3f70587a655
Job status: An unexpected error occured.

About the local server:

Log:

[Fri Jul 06 15:36:24.700750 2018] [:error] [pid 861] [client 172.19.0.1:35460] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: stage in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/markup/MarkupGatewayPlugin.inc.php on line 281
[Fri Jul 06 15:36:26.218694 2018] [:error] [pid 861] [client 172.19.0.1:35460] EXCEPTION!!! Job submission failed.

[Fri Jul 06 15:36:31.240037 2018] [:error] [pid 852] [client 1.2.3.4:46552] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to fetch job status.' in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/markup/classes/XMLPSWrapper.inc.php:195\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/plugins/generic/markup/MarkupHandler.inc.php(484): XMLPSWrapper->getJobStatus(NULL)\n#1 [internal function]: MarkupHandler->fetchConversionJobStatus(Array, Object(Request))\n#2 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(372): call_user_func(Array, Array, Object(Request))\n#3 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(233): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)\n#4 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))\n#5 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(247): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))\n#6 /var/www/html/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()\n#7 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/markup/classes/XMLPSWrapper.inc.php on line 195, referer: http://revistes.uab.cat:8086/isogloss/workflow/index/60/4

Plugin:

Version: master branch (cloned from github).
Settings: Journal-wide authentication with API key.
Citation format: American Pyscological Association 6th edition (“doi:” DOI prefix)

Any suggestion about how to debug this? It’s an OTS error or something fails in my side? If it’s my side, any clue to fix it? If is your’s, how could I help?

Take care,
m.

Hey Marc,

Looks like it’s on the OJS side – I don’t see any failed submissions on the OTS test instance, and that error looks as though OJS didn’t post to OTS correctly for some reason. I haven’t been able to duplicate these problems in the past when one other user has encountered them, but stay tuned. I can’t imagine it’s a PHP library versioning issue, these calls shouldn’t be that brittle…

No hurry, of course, but if you want to reproduce it, I can send you the container or give you root access to mine.

yeah, I’d be happy to – either way is good.