On OJS 3 deleting submissions is a direct step?

I noticed that deleting a submission on OJS 3 is as easy as ever, 2 clicks right in front of you. This makes me wonder if accidental deletions might happen considering we have 20 journals with a few dozen editors…

Is there a setting to make it a little less obvious?

Hi @luizborges,

There’s discussion of the delete button being too prominent here: Deleting from submission list is too prominent and rarely used · Issue #2615 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

This is going on since 2017 and there was no step forward in any direction? Any reason why this hasn’t been done?

Hi @luizborges,

We simply haven’t been able to prioritize it yet. Reports from users that accidental deletions are happening in practice would help (but code contributions etc. would be better – we’re a small team working to balance a lot of priorities).

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I will study how to implement that, but I’m not intimate with the codebase. I assume there is a way to check if a submission is Archived and based on that show one button or another. The archival/deletion are probably direct methods, right? Or is that an intricate process?