OMP, Proceedings and DOI

Hi,
We will be publishing proceedings on our OMP platform - http://ebooks.au.dk/index.php/aul/index. Unfortunately the OMP can’t assign DOI to each article in the proceedings. It only assign a DOI to the full manuscript. Therefore I can only register it as a book when I enrol it in CrossRef.
In OJS it all works so fine, couldn’t you find a similar solution for OMP? Then each article could get a DOI as they should.
Kind regards
Niels Erik

Hi Niels,

OMP does support DOIs for publication formats, in addition to monographs. If the DOI plugin is enabled, you can either choose the default patterns, or select the ability to supply custom suffixes to publication formats. In the latter case, the fields for entering the DOI suffix should appear when editing the publication format metata (see attached screenshot). These fields are included in the Product part of the XML export for monographs.

Regards,
Jason

Hi Niels,

in the old forum I asked also about DOI in OMP: http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14174. Maybe Alecs answer is helpful to you as well.

Kind regards,
Svantje

1 Like

Hi Svantje
Thank you very much for the hint. Hope they’ll soon give us the opportunity to register each chapter with a doi.
Kind regards
Niels Erik

Niels Erik Frederiksen
Forskningsbibliotekar, cand. mag. / Research Librarian, MA
Studie- og Forskningsservice
DIRECT +45 8946 2179
MOBILE +45 2167 2417
email: nef@statsbiblioteket.dkmailto:nef@statsbiblioteket.dk

[cid:image001.png@01CDC0B1.6127E000]
VICTOR ALBECKS VEJ 1
8000 AARHUS C

CVR/SE 10100682 - EAN 5798000791084

Hi Jason
Yes, I know that, but I would like to register each chapter with an individual doi. The subject – I was kindly told - has been mentioned in the former forum: http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14174
Kind regards
Niels Erik

Niels Erik Frederiksen
DIRECT +45 8946 2179
MOBILE +45 2167 2417

VICTOR ALBECKS VEJ 1
8000 AARHUS C

Hi Niels,

Ah, sorry – I misread your original post when you said article. From what I understand, we are working on integrating a contribution from another group that may add this functionality. In the mean time, one possible option for getting around this problem is to create a separate publication format for each chapter. It’s a kludge, but it does let you assign DOIs to individual chapters that way.

regards,
Jason

I’m not sure I know what you mean by creating “a separate publication format for each chapter”. How do I do that?
Regards
Niels Erik

Niels Erik Frederiksen
DIRECT +45 8946 2179
MOBILE +45 2167 2417

VICTOR ALBECKS VEJ 1
8000 AARHUS C

Hi Neils,

You’d create publication formats in the catalog modal just as you have always done for things like PDF, Epub, etc, but instead you would label them chapter one, chapter two, etc. And then for each you would upload your files as per normal, and assign DOIs. It isn’t anywhere close to perfect but it does get you individual chapters with assigned DOIs.

regards,
Jason

But can you put all the files into one manuscript. I’m not sure I quite understand
Regards
Niels Erik