OMP navigation menu type - remote url bugged?

Hi,

I think there is a bug in:

Site settings → Site setup → Navigation → Navigation Menu Items → Add item

when you choose “Navigation Menu Type” - Remote URL, enter data in input fields and click on save button nothing happens. OMP ver. 3.3.0-13.

Regards

Hi @orcalator,

I don’t think this is a bug. I just tested this out and it worked fine for me. Rather, it might point to something going on in your OMP instance - are you able to check your php error logs and report back on any errors you see?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @orcalator
Did you edit the Primary navigation menu, and drag the remote url menu item to the left side (assigned menu items, as in the screenshot?
Regards,
Ugur
Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 20.22.54

Hello @rcgillis,

It seems it has something to do with localization. In the error log i have this:

[php7:error] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getPrimaryLocale() on null in /var/www-data/omp-3.3.0-13/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/navigationMenus/form/PKPNavigationMenuItemsForm.inc.php:227\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www-data/omp-3.3.0-13/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/navigationMenus/NavigationMenuItemsGridHandler.inc.php(164): PKPNavigationMenuItemsForm->validate()\n#1 /var/www-data/omp-3.3.0-13/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(395): NavigationMenuItemsGridHandler->updateNavigationMenuItem(Array, Object(Request))\n#2 /var/www-data/omp-3.3.0-13/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array)\n#3 /var/www-data/omp-3.3.0-13/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(144): PKPComponentRouter->route(Object(Request))\n#4 /var/www-data/omp-3.3.0-13/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(362): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))\n#5 /var/www-data/omp-3.3.0-13/index.php(64): PKPApplication->execute()\n#6 {main}\n thrown in /var/www-data/omp-3.3.0-13/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/navigationMenus/form/PKPNavigationMenuItemsForm.inc.php on line 227

Regards.

Hi @drugurkocak,

To be able to drag the item you first need to be able to save the item but i can’t do that bcs. of the error above. It seems like it has something to do with localization.

Regards.