OMP 3.0.1: Datacite Pugin

Hi all,
is there (or is planned) a Datacite Export/Registration plugin for OMP 3.0.1?

Thanks,
Alfredo

1 Like

Any news here?

We are also interestend in an automatic DOI Registration with datacite for OMP 3.

Thanks for the great work,

Nils Weiher

2 Likes

Hi,
we would like to know if there are news since we are interested too.
We are using OMP 3.1.2-4
Best regards
Stefano Boellli Gallevi

1 Like

Hi, any update on this after the OMP 3.2 release?
@akku on this can be interested too.
Best regards,
Stefano

1 Like

Hello,

Did you have any update on this, @bolelligallevi ? I am also searching about the possibility to register DOI on Datacite with OMP (latest release).
Thank you,
Leonardo

Hi @leonardo.mancini.
Thank to @Dulip_Withanage we have the plugin!
I think it will be usefull to @Alfredo_Cosco and @nweiher too.
You can find it here GitHub - withanage/datacite: OMP Datacite Plugin with additional da|ra support.
Dulip has merged the italian locale I sent him.
Mind the issue I opened, and please let me know if you can use the plugin without problems.
Best regards
Stefano

Hi @bolelligallevi,

Thank you very much and congratulations to everyone involved for this amazing work!
I have read the documentation about the installation. However, I have installed OMP through the Ftp package and not thrugh GitHub. Do you think that I can install the plugin anyway? I see that it is not listed in the plugin gallery.
Thank you very much and best regards,
Leonardo

Hi @bolelligallevi and @leonardo.mancini

thanks for the comments!

Plugin can be also installed using the zip, but I recommend using the git checkout in order to get easiert updates.

I wrote the plugin and left the university heidelberg and after that did not use in active production but heidelberg confirmed that they tested it.

I was not sure, that there is interest for it in the community for that . Therefore I will take care that it comes to plugin gallery and let you know.

Hi @Dulip,
Thank you very much. Your plugin is of extreme interest to me and I will look forward to finding it also in the gallery.
Where are you working at the moment?
Best regards,
Leonardo

Hi @Dulip,

Sorry for disturbing again, I am not able at the moment to install the plugin through the zip. Where can I find the correct zip file? Downloading the code as a zip package, and installing it through the website, I can get this error.Immagine 2021-01-22 163102
Can you please help me, and tell me where I can find this zip plugin?
Leonardo Mancini

Hi Leonardo, you have to convert the .zip in a tar.gz and upload it.
Be sure that the namefile is the same of the plugin’s name, you have to remove “-master” if I remember correctly.
Best regards
Stefano

Hi @Dulip_Withanage, I think that all the OMP in italian universities would benefit from your plugin, because datacite dois are very popular there due to a particular agreement, but I don’t know how many OMP installations are active now.
Waiting for other expressions of interest (@Alfredo_Cosco and @nweiher are you there?), can you clarify if and how the plugin does automatic DOI registration, e.g. with scheduled tasks as the built-in OJS-datacite plugin?
In your documentation you refer only to the manual registration, clicking on the DOI to register.
Thanks, best regards
Stefano

1 Like

Hi all,
this is a great news! Datacite DOI registration is a “must have” for our presses at University of Napoli.

@asmecher do you think is possible to integrate the plugin in OMP or, at least, promote it in the official repository?

Regards,
Alfredo

Hi @Alfredo_Cosco and @bolelligallevi ,

Sorry for the delay! I will integrate the plugin to plugin-gallery and will update you as soon as soon as it is done.