[OJS3.0.2] Citation: »[S.l.]«?

Hello together,

in the article details this text always shows up: » [S.l.], «

What is it (sine loco?) and how to change that? I haven’t found any metadata field, that effects this.

Thanks
Tobias

Hi @twa,

Can you post a screenshot?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hej @asmecher,

it’s made of this code part:

OJS-302/plugins/citationFormats/abnt/citation.tpl:27
[…] {$location|default:“[S.l.]”|escape} […]

Here’s a screenshot:

I can see, that in the plugin folder there is a »AbntSettingsForm.inc.php«, where a »location« could be set. But I have no access to this form in the Admin area – or did I miss something?

Thanks
Tobias

BTW: The german localization of this Citation format is faulty.

Hi @twa,

Watch ABNT settings form needs rewrite for OJS 3.x · Issue #2694 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub for a resolution to the missing setting form.

Can you describe the problems with the German translation? @mtub may be able to help.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

@asmecher
Alec, that’s incredible! Thank you very much for your lightning fast patch!

Thanks,
Tobias

Hi @mtub,

there are two things to correct in the German localization:

OJS-302/plugins/citationFormats/abnt/locale/de_DE/locale.xml:24

<message key="plugins.citationFormats.abnt.retrieved"><![CDATA[Verfügbar unter: &lt;<a href="{$url}" target="_new">{$url}</a>&gt;. Date accessed: {$retrievedDate}.]]></message>

should be

<message key="plugins.citationFormats.abnt.retrieved"><![CDATA[Verfügbar unter: &lt;<a href="{$url}" target="_new">{$url}</a>&gt;. Datum des Zugriffs: {$retrievedDate}.]]></message>

(Second part of the string was not translated.)

In my opinion, there should be 3 more translation keys:

OJS-302/plugins/citationFormats/abnt/locale/en_US/locale.xml

<message key="plugins.citationFormats.abnt.articlepages">p.</message>
<message key="plugins.citationFormats.abnt.issuenumber">n.</message>
<message key="plugins.citationFormats.abnt.volumenumber">v.</message>

OJS-302/plugins/citationFormats/abnt/locale/de_DE/locale.xml

<message key="plugins.citationFormats.abnt.articlepages">S.</message>
<message key="plugins.citationFormats.abnt.issuenumber">Nr.</message>
<message key="plugins.citationFormats.abnt.volumenumber">Jg.</message>

(p. [page] = S. [Seite]; n. [number] = Nr. [Nummer]; v. [volume] = Jg. [Jahrgang])

OJS-302/plugins/citationFormats/abnt/citation.tpl:

<strong>{$journal->getLocalizedName()|escape}</strong>, {$location|default:"[S.l.]"|escape}{if $issue}{if $issue->getShowVolume()}, {translate key="plugins.citationFormats.abnt.volumenumber"} {$issue->getVolume()|escape}{/if}{if $issue->getShowNumber()}, {translate key="plugins.citationFormats.abnt.issuenumber"} {$issue->getNumber()|escape}{/if}{/if}
{if $article->getPages()}, {translate key="plugins.citationFormats.abnt.articlepages"} {$article->getPages()|escape}{/if}, {if $article->getDatePublished()}{$article->getDatePublished()|abnt_date_format|capitalize}{elseif $issue->getDatePublished()}{$issue->getDatePublished()|abnt_date_format}{else}{$issue->getYear()|escape}{/if}.

Thanks
Tobias

Thanks, @twa, I will take care of these.

Thanks for the patch for OJS 3.

We’re experiencing the same issue in OJS 2.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks,
-Felipe.

I found that the ABNT citation format plugin offers a field called Location; setting it to a non-empty value replaces the “S.l.” text in the citation.
-Felipe.