OJS3.0.0+PHP7.1, article and PDF links give blank pages

Hi:
Hosting service forces me to PHP7.1 or PHP7.2 so I upgraded from OJS2.x to OJS3.0.0.
I use driver = mysqli, otherwise it seems I’m toast.
On 7.1 I can access volume/issue pages, but article and PDF links give me blank pages.
On 7.2 I get all blank pages.
PHP5.6 works fully, but as said, I need to move to 7.1 or 7.2.
I tried the latest OJS3 instead and it gives me other errors.
I have essentially no capacities with any of this. Can anyone troubleshoot?

Thanks so much.

Hi @MENSTUDIES

The best way is to stick with OJS latest stable release.
Regarding OJS 3.0.0, do you see any relevant errors in the PHP error log?

Thanks. I have no idea where to look but I get:

PHP Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /home/public/sites/MYSITE/OJS/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php on line 133
[Wed Oct 17 02:42:49.799651 2018] [:error] [pid 25473] [client SOMENUMBERS] PHP Notice: Undefined index: no_NO in /home/public/sites/MYSITE/OJS/lib/pkp/classes/context/Context.inc.php on line 279
[Wed Oct 17 02:42:49.799668 2018] [:error] [pid 25473] [client SOMENUMBERS] PHP Notice: Undefined index: fr_FR in /home/public/sites/MYSITE/OJS/lib/pkp/classes/context/Context.inc.php on line 279

What errors do you see in that log right after you click on problematic galley links? Relevant are errors and fatal errors.

I get
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getRemoteURL() on null in /home/public/sites/www.MYSITE/OJS/pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php on line 230

apart from plugin warnings:
RelatedItemsBlockPlugin.inc.php
InformationBlockPlugin.inc.php
WebFeedBlockPlugin.inc.php

Hmm, I don’t see how this error can be related to PHP version. This error suggests that galley cannot be retrieved for this request. Are you sure that update was successful?

As I see, galleys can be retrieved by 2 methods, pub it or, if failing, by galley id. Can you confirm that inside submission_galleys table the information about the galley you are trying to access is present?

You can find submission id and galley id by URL, e.g.: http://domain.com/index.php/psp/article/view/127/269 where 127 - submission_id and 269 - galley_id

Thanks; sadly I do not know where to look. Again, PHP5.6 doesnt give me troubles. A more verbose error message on PHP7.1 is:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/public/sites/www.MYSITE/OJS/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php:111 Stack trace: #0 /home/public/sites/www.MYSITE/OJS/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php(729): PKPLocale::translate(‘common.openJour…’, Array, ‘en_US’) #1 /home/public/sites/www.MYSITE/OJS/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php(119): __(‘common.openJour…’) #2 /home/public/sites/www.MYSITE/OJS/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php(833): PKPTemplateManager->initialize() #3 /home/public/sites/www.MYSITE/OJS/pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php(92): PKPTemplateManager::getManager(Object(Request)) #4 /home/public/sites/www.MYSITE/OJS/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(372): ArticleHandler->view(Array, Object(Request)) #5 /home/public/sites/www.MYSITE/OJS/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(228): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, in /home/public/sites/www.MYSITE/OJS/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php on line 111