Ojs2 Database error

Hi everyone.

When i try to repair the problem with the blank pages and when i do some changes in the config.inic.php of the ojs i got this in the /var/log/apache2/error.log

[Mon Jul 27 11:00:29 2015] [error] ojs2: Database connection failed!
[Mon Jul 27 10:55:28 2015] [error] ojs2: DB Error: Table ‘comite_editorial.sessions’ doesn’t exist

Anyone can teach me how to exit to this whore erro :frowning: haha. Thanks.

Hi Felipe,

sounds like you did something around the database before the error occurred. You say you tried to repair a blank pages problem. I assume that means you get only white pages when opening an OJS URL? How did this problem start?

Hi @Felipe_Saldarriaga,

MySQL is reporting that your “sessions” table is missing entirely – and since that table is used pretty early on in responding to any request, it probably means your database configuration in config.inc.php is pointing to an empty database or something that’s not OJS. Were you working with the database configuration recently?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi, the problem is really weird, because i put the ojs folder in the folder that gonna be shows in the web server and the show me the blank page, but when i try to “fix it” putting in the config.inic.php the information about the mysql server, i dont know whats happened and they show that error… If someone can give me a step by step file where that shows me whats its exactly what i need to post in this file… I really appreciate. Or some help for repair…

Hi @Felipe_Saldarriaga,

Is this a brand new installation? If so, you don’t need to modify your config.inc.php file. See docs/README for installation instructions, and for help dealing with blank pages, see this FAQ entry: When I click some button or follow some link, I'm left with a blank page. What do I do? - #2

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team