OJS XML Writer-Reader

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a plan for developing an XML Tool for editing/producing OJS content.

Thank you in advance!

Hi @Dimitris_Efstathiou,

while I can’t speak for the OJS core developers, I think XML editing might be a bit out of scope for OJS, which focuses a lot on presenting journal content, facilitating editorial processes and ensuring visibility of academic content on the web.

There are, however, solutions for web-based XML viewers such as the Lens Viewer, but these are not part of OJS, but separate open source software. By doing a few web searches, you can find other open source software (and non-oss as well) for xml editing.

Hope this helps!

Hi @ojsbsb, Thank you for you answer.

PDF to JATS conversion would be an option too. (http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=2494266.2494271)

Is this in PKP’s roadmap?

Thank you in advance.

Hm, this PDFX paper looks interesting. About the PKP roadmap, let’s ask @asmecher about perspectives for OJS-builtin tools for working with XML or PDF.

Hi @ojsbsb and @Dimitris_Efstathiou,

Actually, the best person to ask about that is @axfelix; he’s doing a lot of work with XML integration/conversion.

Cheers,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi folks,

We are in fact working on a new XML conversion stage – this post has details: Article fulltext in XML for PMC - #3 by axfelix

And we’ve also written our own paper about it :slight_smile:

We’re also in the process of integrating an in-browser editor based on Substance (the same backend as the Lens Viewer which you linked above) into our XML stack, and should have more details to share soon.