OJS version 2.4.8.2 - custom editor decision workflow - email is suddenly blank

Hi,
When we first installed OJS I had to create a custom editor decision workflow. It had it’s own email template as well. It has been working fine for many years, but that is no longer the case. It still works until the editor goes to send the decision email to the author. The email is now blank. I can look in the mysql files and all the pages where I customized the code -it all appears fine. The only thing I have changed is I have uploaded all the prior year’s issues of the journals. This has led to another error with the sections showing up in the table of contents when they are checked not too, but this is not as serious as the email blank. Any ideas on where to check or what might be occurring? Could the two be related?
Thanks for any help on where to start.

Hi @sheardln

Do you see that e-mail template and its content as journal manager > Prepared Emails, when you edit that e-mail template?

Best,
Bozana

HI Bozana,
Yes, I can. The only thing that appears differently than other emails is it doesn’t have a sender or recipient listed. I believe it did when it was working, but not sure. Thanks!

Hi @sheardln
Hmmm… It seems that the e-mail template is correct and correctly in the DB. I think then you would need to debug the steps in the code where that e-mail template is used and how…
I am afraid I cannot help further :-\
Best,
Bozana

Fixed it!! After focusing on the code for over a week and after your comment gave me some hints, I decided to look at everything - specifically the mysql tables. Apparently during the last upgrade there was a slight corruption to the tables holding the email templates and one of the custom emails (the one that was blank) was not right. After fixing this all is working fine now. Thanks for making me stretch my thinking!