[OJS] Upgrade from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 cover image error

Somehow, in the process of upgrading my 3.0.0 OJS installation to 3.0.1, some (but not all) of my articles/submissions are showing a broken cover image.

When I look at the (MySQL) table submission_settings, I see that the coverImage setting for these articles has a setting_value of “_en_US.”. Any ideas on how this could have happened?

Hi @kardeiz

The cover images in 3.0.0 were not localized, but in 3.0.1 they are. This is the upgrade function that changes that: ojs/Upgrade.inc.php at ojs-stable-3_0_1 · pkp/ojs · GitHub. The cover image names should then change to be {old_name}_{locale}.{file_type}, s. ojs/Upgrade.inc.php at ojs-stable-3_0_1 · pkp/ojs · GitHub. Thus I wonder why do you only see the locale part of the name :frowning: Could you tell me how “setting_value” looked in your DB before the upgrade?

Thanks a lot!
Bozana

Hi @bozana, thanks for the comment. Before the upgrade it looks like the value was an empty string. Not sure how it got to be that way—I wasn’t the one making/editing submissions. Possibly a cover image was added then removed?

In any case, I think it would have to have been a change made through the web interface, in which case it seems like the upgrade script should ensure that the setting_value is not null or = ‘’.

Hi @kardeiz

Thanks a lot!
The upgrade scripts deletes the empty cover images, s. ojs/Upgrade.inc.php at ojs-stable-3_0_1 · pkp/ojs · GitHub – but this part of the code was committed after the release, so you maybe not have it…

Best!
Bozana

Yep, my upgrade script is missing those lines. Thanks for looking into this—