[OJS] Update from 3.2.1. to 3.3.0-3 not recognised

I have just updated OJS from 3.2.1.1 to 3.3.0-3. I’ve downloaded the package from the website; unzipped; moved the public folder from the current installation to the 3.3. folder, configured the config file and uploaded to the server. After that, upon logging in to my OJS, I still see the:

There is a new version of OJS available! You are currently using OJS 3.2.1.1. The most recent version is OJS 3.3.0.3. Please visit [this page](http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs_download) to download the most recent version and find upgrade instructions.

message. What else should I be doing?

PS: I don’t have cli access, only FTP.

Screenshot_2021-03-12 System Information Open Journal Systems

After putting installed = Off in my configuration and turning the debug messages on I get this:

**Fatal error**: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getConnection() on null in /var/www/html/neomedieval.gla.ac.uk/www/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Capsule/Manager.php:74 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/neomedieval.gla.ac.uk/www/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Capsule/Manager.php(200): Illuminate\Database\Capsule\Manager::connection() #1 /var/www/html/neomedieval.gla.ac.uk/www/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php(65): Illuminate\Database\Capsule\Manager::__callStatic('raw', Array) #2 /var/www/html/neomedieval.gla.ac.uk/www/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginSettingsDAO.inc.php(106): DAO->retrieve('SELECT setting_...', Array) #3 /var/www/html/neomedieval.gla.ac.uk/www/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginSettingsDAO.inc.php(86): PluginSettingsDAO->getPluginSettings('0', 'staticpagesplug...') #4 /var/www/html/neomedieval.gla.ac.uk/www/lib/pkp/classes/cache/GenericCache.inc.php(63): PluginSettingsDAO->_cacheMiss(Object(FileCache), 'enabled') #5 /var/www/html/neomedieval.gla.ac.uk/w in **/var/www/html/neomedieval.gla.ac.uk/www/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Capsule/Manager.php** on line **74**

Line 74 of that file is this:

return static::$instance->getConnection($connection);

I’ve found this issue on GitHub which concerned the previous 3.3.0-2 version and which has not been solved/pushed in 3.3.0-3 version.

As suggested here, the solution is adding Application::get()->initializeDatabaseConnection(); at line 36 of lib/pkp/classes/install/form/UpgradeForm.inc.php file.