OJS system redirects to the login page

Hi,

One of our reviewers have a problem, because the system redirects to the login page. He writes me the following:

“I have logged in once again, changed my password. Though succeeded in logging in I could not download the manuscripts sent to me for review. Each time I tried that it brings me back to the home page to re log. That was the problem I initially encountered. Was there something I was doing wrong? Or could it be your site?”

We use OJS 2.4.6.0. Can you help us to resolve this problem?

Regards,
Jože Stopar

Hi @aas,

This sounds like either a cookie-related issue, or something to do with one-click review URLs.

Try disabling session_check_ip in config.inc.php to see if it’s possible that his IP address is varying, causing the session to be invalidated.

For one-click review URLs, I would suggest upgrading to the latest OJS 2.4.x release – OJS 2.4.6 is an older release and it’s possible that there was an issue that is already corrected.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Before I put the question to the PKP forum, I suggested to the reviewer to login on OJS using Mozilla Firefox. He used Firefox and announced that it works. Obviously, there are problems with Chrome.

Thanks anyway and best regards,
Joze