OJS: Sort order of pages in „Navigation“

Hello Folks,

we use OJS3 for www.jrfm.eu

In the backend we find a list of custom pages at Website - Setup - Navigation.

This list has reached a considerable length in our journal. Is there a possibility to sort these items? This would be of considerable help.

Thank you!

Hi @Jesaiah,

what specific version of OJS are you using (e.g. 3.3.0-13)? Please include this in your posts as it assists with others helping to troubleshoot.

-Roger
PKP Team

Roger that, sorry, my fault.

We are running OJS 3.3.0.8 …

Hi @Jesaiah,

I’m curious to know: why the large number of pages? I just haven’t heard of journals with a large number of custom pages, but perhaps you have a different use case. Usually things are “sorted” under the “User navigation” menu or “Primary Navigation” menu or an added custom menu.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello Roger, we decided to create e.g. separate profile pages for each member of the Editorial and Advisory Board. I can send you a screenshot via mail if you are curious.

greetings, cw

Hi @Jesaiah,

I see how that would add up to a large number of pages that you would then have to organize under a menu. Maybe you could post a screenshot of how the menu under which you are organizing them, but I do doubt that there is an easy way to organize/sort a large number of pages, as this is not a use case that we see a lot of.

-Roger
PKP Team

Yes, you can drag and drop them to get the desired order. Don’t forget the Save button at the end.

Screenshots attached, the list consists of about 80 items. The pages are mostly not included in the navigation menu but link targets for e.g. the List of Editors in the „masthead“ section.

Please note that we consider this only a „nice to have“ and we can of course do without it. Just asking.

1 Like

Now I understand. As I gather from the database table, there is no sequence field for the navigation menu items unfortunately.

You would have to open a Feature Request.

2 Likes

@mpbraendle : Thanks, that is what I thought. Yet, being a problem hardly adressed, I don´t think it is worth a feature request - you have more important things to deal with.

Thank you anyway!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.