OJS reader fees - not working as expected

Reader fees are not showing under the About page. I chose “purchase article” option and I also specified an amount but it didn’t change anything. Did I miss out something?

Hi @Sherry,

Did you set up a payment method (PayPal or manual)? Did you enter configuration information into the setup fields?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Alec,

Yes I did. I even enabled the “Donations” link and it works perfectly (can successfully check out with paypal) which ascertains me that the payment method is properly configured.

Cheers!!

Hi Sherry,

This is a bug that will include a fix in a future release of OJS.

As a workaround for the time being, you can add the information manually via Journal Management => Journal Policies => 2.5 Add Item to Appear in “About the Journal”.

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for letting know about that - I can work around that.
But what I am also confused about is how it is supposed to work - i thought that if I enabled “purchase article”, then the reader would be restricted to only the abstract and trying to accessing the PDF would then demand for the pay but I am not getting anything. Or is this also part of the bug?

Please if u don’t mind can u highlight me on this.

Cheers!!

Hi Sherry,

No, that’s not part of the bug.

To enable online payments for individual articles, please see the following:

You will also need to setup your journal in subscription mode:

• Go to Journal Management => Setup => Management
  • Ensure that the following are selected: ‘The journal will require subscriptions to access some or all of its contents.’ and ‘Always show galley links and indicate restricted access.’
  • Save your settings

Cheers,
Michael

Michael,

I am sorry if I am very slow on this, but I have checked the checkbox for purchase of article in the payment options tab. But how do I get it to link to the purchase of the article? I just can’t find the "Always show galley links and indicate restricted access" link anywhere.

Hi Sherry,

To confirm, as Editor have you set the published articles as subscription-only in the issue table of contents?

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael,

It now works as expected!!!
Thanks so much. Appreciate it.

Sherry.

how I can integrate payment methods on this
https://demo.publicknowledgeproject.org/ojs3/demo/