[OJS] PDF Views count on Editing page became 0 after upgrading to OJS 2.4.8

After upgrading from 2.3.3 to 2.4.8, the PDF View number on “editor/submissionEditing/article_ID” page became 0 and is not updated after viewing the PDF on the upgraded OJS.

A few points:

1. I did follow the “Stats Migration” step indicated in Upgrade instruction
  2. The report generated by View Report plugin shows correct counts.

Thank you.

Paul

I compared the article_galleys table in 2.3.3 and 2.4.8. Unlike 2.3.3 table, the 2.4.8 table doesn’t have the “views” column. I wonder where the information is stored, and which table the Editing page loads view count from.

Hi @Paul_Chen

Please see this document: https://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php?title=PKP_Statistics_Framework.
Thus, with the version 2.4.3 the usage statistics changed. Now there is the UsageStatistics plugin, that should be (correctly) enabled/configured to have those view numbers. Those numbers are now taken from the DB table metrics. In that table, as the document says, there could be different metric types: the old one ‘ojs::legacyDefault’, that you were seeing in your 2.3.3 installation, but also the new one ‘ojs::counter’, that is used/created by the new UsageStatistics plugin and for that views numbers in editor/submissionEditing page.
Thus see that you properly enable and configure the UsageStatistics plugin, in order to be able to measure the access further.
For getting the old numbers, s. “Report Generation” in that document above.

Best,
Bozana