OJS not upgrade from 3.1.1.4 to 3.3.0 version

@rcgillis

In you last answer

you suggest me to upgrade this OJS version. I tried 2 times but when i extract new version files and place old config.inc.php and public folder and then when i open website it shows blank page. So please guide how i can upgrade this version.

Hi @hussainyousaf,

Are you able to check your PHP error logs and see relevant errors there that you can report here? That will help to get a better sense of what might be happening.

-Roger
PKP Team

@hussainyousaf

The php version of ojs 3.1 is different than the one that requires ojs 3.3. Did you make the php version change for your website?

@rcgillis
I found these error from log file

[12-Aug-2021 16:06:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function PKPHandler::setupTemplate(), 0 passed in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/pages/gateway/GatewayHandler.inc.php on line 107 and exactly 1 expected in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/handler/PKPHandler.inc.php:433
Stack trace:
#0 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/pages/gateway/GatewayHandler.inc.php(107): PKPHandler->setupTemplate()
#1 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(390): GatewayHandler->clockss(Array, Object(Request))
#2 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(232): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)
#3 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
#4 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(247): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
#5 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()
#6 {main}
thrown in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/handler/PKPHandler.inc.php on line 433

[12-Aug-2021 23:49:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘PHPMailer’ not found in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/mail/Mail.inc.php:463
Stack trace:
#0 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/mail/MailTemplate.inc.php(241): Mail->send()
#1 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/mail/SubmissionMailTemplate.inc.php(69): MailTemplate->send(false)
#2 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/task/ReviewReminder.inc.php(115): SubmissionMailTemplate->send()
#3 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/task/ReviewReminder.inc.php(174): ReviewReminder->sendReminder(Object(ReviewAssignment), Object(Article), Object(Journal), ‘REVIEW_REQUEST_…’)
#4 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/scheduledTask/ScheduledTask.inc.php(148): ReviewReminder->executeActions()
#5 /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/acron/PKPAcronPlugin.inc.php(257): ScheduledTask->execute()
#6 [internal function]: PKPAcronPlugin->shutdownFunction()
#7 {main}
thrown in /home/pjoorgpk/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/mail/Mail.inc.php on line 463

@David_Alarcon_davidy

On my hosting php version is PHP 7.3 (ea-php73) and available version are PHP 5.6 (ea-php56), PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) and PHP 7.4 (ea-php74). Which can i select before upgrade process?

@hussainyousaf

hi … OJS 3.3.0-8 requires php 7.3 (see README.md file found in / docs in your OJS installation) In my case I have OJS 3.3.0-8 installed in php 7.4 because it gave me some errors in php 7.3.