[OJS] internal server error 500 on ListRecords/Identifiers/Identify

Hi, i have problems in my site https://ojs.emerj.com.br/index.php/revistadaemerj/oai when i try to list the next

ListRecords
Identify
ListIdentifiers
return to me a error 500, i don’t know what happens, because ListSets & ListMetadataFormats it’s ok

php -v PHP 7.3.33
ojs-3.3.0-16

And the php error log:
[Tue Nov 28 17:27:43.921950 2023] [autoindex:error] [pid 25148:tid 47108111214336] [remote 45.166.79.41:49873] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/emerjco/ojs.emerj.com.br/public/journals/3/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.php,index.html,index.php7,index.php5,index.perl,index.pl,index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.jp,index.phtml,index.shtml,index.xhtml,index.htm,index.js) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive, referer: https://ojs.emerj.com.br/index.php/direitoemmovimento/$$$call$$$/page/page/css?name=stylesheet

Hi @arielsartorio,

Are you sure that’s the PHP error log? It looks like the Apache error log, which might be a different file.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher ,
you are correct, I’m sorry

the only errors that appear in php error log are:
[28-Nov-2023 16:31:10 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Notice: Deprecated call without request object. in /home/emerjco/ojs.emerj.com.br/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 1244
[28-Nov-2023 18:25:02 America/Sao_Paulo] ojs2: 404 Not Found

Hi @arielsartorio,

That’s just a warning, so not what you’re looking for. Try causing the 500 error again on your server, then taking a fresh look through your logs; there should be something meatier than a warning.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This is the problem, when I activate the debug option the page that was returning error 500 stops returning the error and returns an empty page and nothing is recorded in the log file.

But I’ll try again later .

Hi @asmecher ,
I discovered that an OAI file was out of date. After updating it, these errors appeared:

[01-Dec-2023 16:59:50 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Warning: require_once(/home/emerjco/ojs.emerj.com.br/lib/pkp/plugins/metadata/nlm30/filter/Nlm30CitationSchemaCitationAdapter.inc.php ): failed to open stream: File or directory not found in /home/emerjco/ojs.emerj.com.br/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 25
[01-Dec-2023 16:59:50 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/emerjco/ojs.emerj.com.br/lib/pkp/plugins/metadata/nlm30/ filter/Nlm30CitationSchemaCitationAdapter.inc.php’ (include_path=‘.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/emerjco/ojs.emerj.com.br/lib/pkp/ includes/functions.inc.php on line 25

Hi @arielsartorio,

See: [3.1.1-1] QuickSubmit doesn't work Error 500

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you @asmecher .

I ended up using, temporarily, the same solution he did. I copied the files from an old version to get it working. Now that it’s working, calmly, I’ll update correctly. Well, the first time I wasn’t the one who updated it and, probably, there was an error that was ignored.

Hi @asmecher ,

Can you ask me a question? Can I just delete the entries in the database that reference the Openurl10, nlm30 and mods34 plugins?

I was talking to the person who was in charge of ojs before me and he told me that he installed ojs from scratch in version 3.3.0-13 and filled the database with the old table information.

Hi @arielsartorio,

Yes, that’s the recommended solution; you’ll see the SQL queries on that thread are available here:

In the highlighted section, run the highlighted queries for your DBMS (MySQL or PostgreSQL), plus the one at the end that does not specify a DBMS. And make sure to take a good backup before working with the database directly, as always.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

1 Like