(OJS) How to Display Other Author's Names in the Browser Window

Hi,

How do I display the other authors’ names (for an article with more than one author) on the abstract page of a published paper?

I did not notice that only the first author is displayed as part of the title, thus, when one hovers over a browser tab, it would appear that there is only author of a multi-authored paper.

I tried replacing getFirstAuthor with getAuthorString (I saw a related thread on breadcrumbs) but still, only the first author is displayed. And yes, we would appreciate it if you guys can suggest the code of using the “et al.” option rather than listing the rest of the authors’ names.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Best,

RTC

Hi @rtcampos,

Can you please indicate which specific version you are working from (e.g. 3.3.0-8)? And perhaps you could link to an example of what you’re referring to with the multiple authors, so we have an example to go off of?

Thank you,

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you for your reply, Roger.

We are still using version 2.4.2.0 (still waiting for the new server before I make the upgrade).

Here’s an example: https://econ.upd.edu.ph/dp/index.php/dp/article/view/1543

If you hover on the tab, the title will only display the first author.

I did not notice it actually until a co-author asked me to add “et al.” which is not doable for me.

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Reuben

Hi @rtcampos,

I wasn’t able to replicate this. It may be handled differently depending on what browser is being used. This is how it looked for me in Firefox:

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 8.11.35 AM

Glad to hear that you’re planning to upgrade - because we no longer support OJS 2 and it is really outdated. Customizing this would be tricky (and I’m not certain that it would be customizable), if you were to upgrade, because the code structure is quite different from version 2 to version 3 - you’d have to redo your customizations once you upgrade.

It’s also worth noting that OJS 3 handles this differently, it displays to me like this:

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 8.13.53 AM

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team