[OJS] Error saving setup step 3

Hi,

I am setting up an OJS 2.4.2. I got the following error while trying to save changes in ‘step 3. Submissions’:

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /revista/index.php/opus/manager/saveSetup/3 on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Same happens when I try to change the form language. But it is ok to change the page language and save other setup steps.

I found the following message in error log:

[07-May-2015 16:15:44 America/Chicago] ojs2 has produced an error
  In file: ../public_html/revista/classes/journal/JournalSettingsDAO.inc.php
  At line: 82
  Stacktrace: 
  Server info:
   PHP Version: 5.3.29
   Apache Version: N/A
   DB Driver: mysql
   DB server version: 5.5.40-MariaDB-cll-lve

I did what where mentioned here. Do you have an opnion on what can I do before writing to sysadmin asking to loose apache security setup, as was mentioned here.

All the best,
Renato

Hi @mendesrocha,

If it’s a mod_security problem, then it should be logged somewhere – perhaps in the Apache error log, syslog, or a security audit log. This will depend on your server’s configuration. However, I’m fairly sure it’ll end up being an errant mod_security rule in the end, so you’re probably best off approaching your sysadmin.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi. Good afternoon. Has anybody a clue about this problem?. You don’t have permission to access /ojs/index.php/Revista/author/saveSubmit/3 on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Because i have exact this same problem in step 3. If i write directly, it doesn´t happen. It goes to step 4 without problem, but if i have to copy and paste the information, it blocks inmmediatly. I don´t understand. I had a chat with the Hosting company and they checked error log, apache, etc and they told me that I don´t have restrictions, but this error return all the time, every time that i want to upload a new article. And it is going me nuts. I have to upload a lot of information so i can´t transcribe every thing.

Hi @nanaluna,

OJS itself won’t generate the permission error message you’re describing; I’m fairly certain that’s mod_security as others have encountered elsewhere on this thread. The message providing more details will definitely be logged somewhere on the server, but unfortunately it’ll probably have to be your host who finds it.

The best place to start would be to ask them to find their mod_security log. It’s not one of the typical logs they’d look at, so it’s possible they missed it before.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you asmecher. I don´t know what happen with my host. Right now it´s working perfectly. Maybe in 2 weeks it will block again. I have spent one year with this same problem, so i have to work very fast until the next blockade, jajaja sad but truth.

Exactly same problem in my case at njst.nast.org.np. Save me!!

Hi @rkdahal,

Did you try the solution suggested above?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher,
Which one? My system is absolutely no use, I am confused what to do now.
We have more than 63 submissions, but there are no such files in workflow. See image below:Picture1

@asmecher
I upgraded to 3.1.0.1, now the workflow seems workable. Still, I am working on it. It took 4 days to copy data from 2.4.8 php database to php database of fresh install 3.1 ojs. But I am having few problem in home pages and trying to solve it. You can see www.nast.org.np/njst3 where you will not have information of Journal in home but same we can see in home page of www.nast.org.np/njst

Hi @rkdahal,

When you say…

Exactly same problem in my case at njst.nast.org.np. Save me!!

I assume you’re talking about getting a message like…

You don’t have permission to access /revista/index.php/opus/manager/saveSetup/3 on this server.

If that’s the case, then it’s likely that your server’s mod_security module is mistakenly intercepting an OJS request, thinking it’s an attempt to attack the server when it isn’t.

The way to solve this is to adjust your mod_security settings to stop it from intervening in this case. Unfortunately there’s no way to change OJS’s configuration to correct it – the problem is outside of OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have same problem generate if i am save management page that time

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /yourspublication/ojs-2.4.8-2/index.php/ypn/manager/saveSetup/4 on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

this error generate

Any solution for that type error?

We are facing little bit same kind of issue , in OJS2 setup 5 stage(5. THE LOOK) we are not able to see the 5.7 Information, 5.8 Lists, save and continue option, cancel option and footer. Can refer the below image.and in error log file its shows following error

[21-Oct-2022 03:52:06 UTC] ojs2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: array_sum() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
In file: /home/jattjournal/recordsofzsi1.com/cache/t_compile/%%C9^C93^C9396F68%%zsoi_navbar.tpl.php
At line: 115
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.6.40
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 8.0.31

setup5