OJS Email notification got stuck

There are some issues we are facing in OJS.

1. When we try to assign a reviewer to any article, after selecting the reviewer, when we click on Add Reviewer Button, nothing happens the icon keep on rotating.

AddReviewer
2. Similarly when we try to notify any other or editor through OJS. After writing notification when we click on notify button, nothing happens the system just keep on rotating the loader image.

Untitled

Check you php error_log for related errors. Also what version of OJS are you using?

Thank you for your quick response.
We are using the most latest version of OJS 3.1.1-2.

Please explain about php error_log.

The system was working fine before yesterday. The problem arises yesterday.

When something goes wrong, the related errors are logged to an error log file. Where the file is, depends on your server settings. If you can not access it, I suggest you contact your service provider.

Without knowing what errors are causing the problem, it is very hard to give help.

What you can also do is open your browsers javascript console and then try to assign a reviewer and see what kind of errors appear there. But it could be that those are not enough to solve the cause

I know where the error log file is. Will it help ?

well then you try to assign a reviewer again and see what appears in the error log with the same timestamp.

The error is most likely connected to sending emails from the system. If you are using for example smtp for emails, it could be something has changed in the email server you are using. But you should see more from the error log.

Thanks a lot !
Let me try this and share the error with you.

[29-Aug-2018 05:30:51 UTC] PHP Warning: include(/home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[29-Aug-2018 05:30:51 UTC] PHP Warning: include(): Failed opening ‘/home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/composer/…/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/classes:/home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/pages:/home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/lib/pkp:/home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/lib/pkp/classes:/home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/lib/pkp/pages:/home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/lib/pkp/lib/adodb:/home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/lib/pkp/lib/phputf8:/home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/classes:/home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/lib/pkp/lib/smarty:.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[29-Aug-2018 05:30:51 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘PHPMailer’ not found in /home/ppsorg/pjp.pps.org.pk/lib/pkp/classes/mail/Mail.inc.php on line 463

for some reason your OJS can not open the phpmailer class.

Either it does not exist in the path mentioned above or the folder/file permissions there are set so that it can not be included. What these permissions are, depends on your server. I suggest that you ask about this from your service provider.

Thanks a lot !

Your support is much appreciated.

1 Like