OJS displaying incorrect version

I noticed that the portal administration page shows that the current version is 2.2.0, when in fact the version was migrated to 2.4.8-2.
How can I fix this?

Renato L. Sousa

Hi @rensousa,

When OJS runs the upgrade scripts, the last step is to update the version number. If you previously upgraded from OJS 2.2.0 to 2.4.8-2, but it’s still showing version 2.2.0, that suggests the upgrade didn’t complete successfully.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Yes @asmecher I had this impression, but I can not redo the migration because a lot of work was executed on the platform the way it is. Unfortunately it took me a while to realize the problem.
Can I solve this by direct interaction with BD?
Can you help me with this ?

Renato L. Sousa

Hi @rensousa,

You can correct this in the versions table in the database. If you have any information about where the upgrade stopped, it may help to debug data errors related to unmigrated data. Beware that this can potentially be a real rat’s nest.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

Unfortunately I did not save the update session and I do not know if the system saves any log.
When I did it seemed to me that the upgrade process happened successfully and I did not notice any errors in the process.
I will update the version directly in the table and pray that the rat’s nest has not settled!

Regards,

Renato L. Sousa