[OJS] Can't delete the section

Hi,

I have a few sections, which I no longer need. All the submissions from these sections are published, there is no articles in “unassigned”, “in review” and “in editing”. All articles in archives (published and deleted submissions) are moved to other regular-use sections, so archives are empty too. The problem occurs, when I’m trying to delete mentioned sections. When I click “delete”, a message “Before this section can be deleted, you must move articles published within it into other sections” appears. So, the solution from this topic: https://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12662 doesn’t help. I have no idea what to do. Please help.

Hi @Jurand,

If you want to keep published articles in that section, it cannot be deleted. I’d suggest editing the section as Journal Manager to disable new submissions to it (for non-Editors).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I had the same problem. I could not eliminate sections even when empty because there were still papers in the archive (rejected papers). Took me some time to find out.

Hi,
is there any quick way, possibly through SQL query, to find articles which are assigned to a particular section?
Best,
Zoran