OJS admin area not accessible on mobile data

We’ve recently updrade to 3.3.0.5 and some editors have reported that the Portal, although responsible and mobile friendly, presents the following issues when they use mobile data:
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-09 at 10.08.38 WhatsApp Image 2020-12-09 at 10.08.38 (1) WhatsApp Image 2020-12-09 at 10.08.36

Doesnt seem to happen with wifi, does anyone has a clue on why this could be happening? If it might be some missing permission on OJS?

Any help is appreciated.

:hatching_chick:

Hi, @thaysecantanhede,

Can you clarify where exactly these errors are occurring (e.g. what do you click on, or what actions do you take, that then causes these errors to occur)?

-Roger
PKP Team

Aparently this is the same problem - https://forum.pkp.sfu.ca/search?q="%23%23user.authorization.accessDenied%23%23", but its doesnt open to me.
I cant simulate the problem, all works fine for me, because I’m admin of the system.

This erros happen in any action done in submissions, once the user is logged, if they thry to update metadata, per example, the ##user.authorization.accessDenied## shows up on the screen.

Logged out of the system, the journals are responsive and well presented, but once logged in, doesnt look so good overall.

Ive asked for further info from the complaining users about the issue, havent got a reply yet.

Hi @thaysecantanhede,

Is the session_check_ip option turned on in your config.inc.php configuration file? I’d suggest turning it to Off; it’s possible that users of this mobile service are accessing OJS through a proxy bank, and their IP address appears to change.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

@asmecher, it worked perfectly, thank you very much! I’m glad it was an easy solution.

Regards,

Thayse Cantanhede
BCE/ UnB

1 Like