OJS 3, user roles not working?

Hi,
after upgrading to OJS 3, I have notice that almost everything is ok, but by Section Editors was missing and all users assigned was now users with no roles so I had to re-assign them as SE.

The other problem I ran into is that the option for rols and on which workflow they can enter is not working. My options are:

Nevertheless, only SE is I think working - he can enter in Submission and Review.
For example the Copyeditor cannot enter in Any of the workflow.
Also I created another role from SE but checked boxes only on Copyediting and Production - the result is he can enter in all, even in Review?!

PS
Also another bug not related to roles - on all submission the “More information” is not loading and constantly looping loading…

Hi @vebaev,

The upgrade process should migrate all assignments to the new structures introduced in OJS 3.0. When you complete the upgrade you should receive a confirmation message; otherwise the upgrade may not have finished properly. Are you sure your upgrade completed? It may take quite some time to finish.

Check your PHP error log to see if anything relevant shows up there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I got message saying it upgraded to OJS 3, and to turn ON the config installed option. I also upgraded PHP and all server phackages.

Vesko

Hi @vebaev,

Are those Copyeditors etc. assigned to the submissions you’re trying to access? (As Editor, see the Participants dropdown on the right-hand side of the workflow area.) If they aren’t, were they assigned in your OJS 2.x installation?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

As after upgrade all SE roles was missing from the people profiles. But in the submissions I could see the added participants (as from OJS 2). So I re-assigned the SE role to these people.
As in the OJS 3 I can separate the SE reviewing and SE copyediting, I created Copyeditor (SE with checkbox on copyediting and production). Than I re-assign to a participant that was already present in the submission (as from OJS 2), login as the user and check where the user can access. The result was if I change his role to Copyediting he cannot enter anywhere, If I changed his role as newly created based on SE (SE with checkbox on copyediting and production) he can enter in all of them. So I cannot explain it.
I also noted something else, if the newly created role is based on Journal Asistant (as my Copyeditor) he do not have access to none of the workflow, if the role is based on Section editor, he can enter in all workflows regardless of their checkboxes!

EDIT: and another thing this time I removed the participant presented from OJS 2 submission and wanted to re-add him. But my newly created role do not appear in drop down menu in Add participant, so I can add it?
I created Production Team (based on SE):

Hi @vebaev,

Are these users who were enrolled as Section Editors, but not assigned to a particular Section (e.g. in the Section settings)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Oh now I see just OJS 3 is different, now you are not assigning it in the begining , but rather assigning the particular participant in the particular section…