[OJS 3] Upgrade plugin Citation Style Language make website unreachable

I used citation style language in my journal website, but it did not change the format, then I tried to upgrade from settings - website - plugin . From citation style language I clicked upgrade and upload the file. After this process, my website completely unreachable.

Could anyone help me how to make the journal website working again.

Regards, waluyo

Hi @waluyo,

Thanks for posting your question. Could you please let us know what exact version of OJS you’re using and explain what it is you mean by completely unreachable.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project

Thank you for your reply
the version is here
Current version: 3.1.0.0 (November 7, 2017 - 07:04 AM)

this is the web
http://journals.umkt.ac.id/index.php/jse

Hi @waluyo,

Thanks for confirming. It would be helpful to check your PHP error log for details.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.

Dear pmangahis,

Unfortunately I am not a server administrator, how can I get or read to trace the php error.
Please guide me if possible.

Regards,
waluyo

another information
I downloaded the upgraded file from here

then unzip it, then compressed all files to tar.gz

Hi @waluyo,

You probably installed a version of the plugin that isn’t compatible with your version of OJS. It’s best to use the version that comes with your OJS. I’d recommend replacing your updated version with the original.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you @asmecher

But now I cannot get in, I can enter the journal domain, not in journal JSE. Where is the folder in the server i have to replace and please give me the files (or link I have to download).

regards,
waluyo

it is now loading, but entering the paper still error.:sleepy:

Hi @waluyo,

You will need to get your PHP error log to debug this; see the FAQ area of this forum for some guidance, but the details will depend on your server.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I can get in and I can disable it,
Now I can click and open the article file.
The plugin name looks very strange.

jse-Capture

the error here (from the admin), before I disabled :
indent preformatted text by 4 spaces
Tue May 19 07:46:37.551292 2020] [:error] [pid 7692] [client xxxxxx] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /home/gariyanto/journals_umkt/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/CitationStyleLanguagePlugin.inc.php:271\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/gariyanto/journals_umkt/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php(107): CitationStyleLanguagePlugin->getArticleTemplateData(‘ArticleHandler:…’, Array)\n#1 /home/gariyanto/journals_umkt/pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php(190): HookRegistry::call(‘ArticleHandler:…’, Array)\n#2 /home/gariyanto/journals_umkt/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(372): ArticleHandler->view(Array, Object(Request))\n#3 /home/gariyanto/journals_umkt/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(233): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)\n#4 /home/gariyanto/journals_umkt/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))\n#5 /home/gariyanto/journals_umkt/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(243): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))\n#6 /home/gariyanto/journal in /home/gariyanto/journals_umkt/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/CitationStyleLanguagePlugin.inc.php on line 271, referer: http://journals.umkt.ac.id/index.php/jse/issue/view/31

Dear @asmecher

Yes this works.
The server administrator remove it and replaced the original files. Things working, and surprisingly now changing the style also works.:slightly_smiling_face:

Best Regards,
Waluyo

Hi @waluyo,

Glad to hear you’re back in business!

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher

I just realized that it works when I login. If not login the style will not be changed. Is that a bug. I think any visitor should be able to change the style and get the correct format without login.

Regards,
waluyo

Finally I found the answer to make it work.

After changing the codes as shown above. Now the format can be changed for any reader without login.

Regards,
Waluyo

1 Like