OJS 3 too many redirect on purchase article

Hi all,

I am trying to set up the checkout payment system on OJS 3 with Paypal.
Unfortunately the checkout doesn’t seem working properly. When I click on the “price button” in the article page the page keep calling itself creating a endless loop.

This happens anytime I am logged as normal user. If I am logged as administrator the “price button” leads to the PDF article page as usual (skipping the checkout process).

Please try yourself: http://ojs3.equinoxpub.com/index.php/AEFS/article/view/19
If you open the inspector you can see how the page call itself.

I thought this was a paypal plugin issue and I updated the paypal plugin but it hasn’t fixed the problem.

I haven’t found any error in the logs but only warning.

Please let me know if you need more information regarding this. Thanks a lot in advance.

Marcello

Hi @marcello8080,

What version of OJS are you running? How did you upgrade the plugin?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

The ojs version is the Open Journal Systems 3.1.1.0,
I updated the paypal plugin through composer, the update didn’t show any error.

Should I update another plugin?

Thanks

Hi @marcello8080,

When I try this, I get a message:

A transaction error occurred. Please contact the journal manager for details.

Can you check your PHP error log for something relevant? There should be something there. (I just performed this now, so that should give you an indication of what time to look for in your log files. Note that logs are not always recorded in the same time zone as you are using.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

the problem of the redirection has been fixed, the problem was caused by the plugin SubscriptionSSO, it was set for any journal and it created a endless loop it wasn’t setup properly.

The problem is fixed once I disabled SubscriptionSSO or I set SubscriptionSSO propery

The message “A transaction error occurred…” is displaying for missing paypal keys, I am working on that right now.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway, (we can mark this case as solved if you want)

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: “A transaction error occured…”