OJS 3 theme is not working in PHP 7

Okay, that may be helpful. The best way to install a theme is through the plugin gallery. If you’re just unzipping them in the plugin/themes folder they may not be recognized by OJS. There’s also a CLI tool that you can run:

php lib/pkp/tools/installPluginVersion.xml plugins/themes/yourtheme/version.xml

that will also install it. It sounds like they aren’t installed (thank @asmecher for the idea)

Cheers,
Jason

But what if we are developing a theme for a client? What would be the best way to install it?

I tried installing a theme througt the plugin gallery (the classic theme) and the problem remains.
There’s no style at all.

You’d use the CLI tool in that case.

At this point I would recommend upgrading to 3.1.2-4 to make sure you have all of the latest bug fixes, and try the theme installation again.

Hi, @jnugent, thanks for the help.

Ok, I will install a newer version of OJS.

I’ll comment here the results.

Hu @daniel.anez,

Currently, my test instance of OJS 3.1.2-1 has several official themes installed:

• Classic v. 1.0.2.0
  • Health Sciences v. 1.0.5.0
  • Immersion 1.0.3.0

These are the latest ones available.
Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the problem that you describe; tested with PHP 7.2.26-1.

1. Can you double-check if permission for OJS are set accordingly, e.g., for cache folder? And secondly, can you confirm that cache is refreshed after changing the theme?
  2. Can you reproduce this problem on a fresh OJS instance?

Hello, @Vitaliy

1. How can I check the OJS permissions?

2. I currently asking for authorization to install a new OJS instance running OJS 3.1.2.4

If you could explain to me how I can check the permissions, I would give that answer tonight.

Hi @daniel.anez,

Regarding permissions: How should file permissions be set? - #2 by ctgraham
Described symptoms may occur if cache isn’t renewed after theme change.

If it’s not a cause of the problem, you can test OJS on your local machine. I’d make a copy of the site, database and files folder and installed it locally. If it’s reproducible, the next step is debugging locally, if not - the problem is probably in the server environment.