OJS 3 plugins not installing

Since upgrading I have found the Quicksubmit plugin is not installed and when asked if I am sure I want to install it and click on OK nothing happens.

Similarly I wanted to install the simple child theme. When I click OK on that nothing happens. Are these plugins operational and what could be causing this?

Hi @nickpanes,

What specific version of OJS are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

Have you checked your PHP error log to see if anything relevant appears there?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Version 3.0.2.0. a message appeared briefly on the screen so fast that all I got was something about tarr not being present and the need to alter a file. It disappeared before I could write it down and did not re-appear when I tried again. I am not especially technical but can alter a PHP file if it just needs a text editor.

Hi @nickpanes,

You probably need to configure the tar tool in your config.inc.php file. It’ll also be useful to check your PHP error log – this should be a file on your server. The details will depend on your host’s configuration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Kindly, what do you mean by tar tool? How to configure it? Has anyone found the solution for this issue? I am experiencing the same problem with version: 3.1.2.1 (July 18, 2019 - 10:57 PM).

Here is the error in log:
07-Aug-2019 23:35:06 UTC] PHP Warning: copy(https://github.com/pkp/quickSubmit/releases/download/v1.0.4-1/quickSubmit-v1.0.4-1.tar.gz): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/wskworg/public_html/jkw/lib/pkp/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 162

Update: The workaround is to download the “tar.gz” file from github and upload it manually via site interface. See image below.
2019-08-07_16-45-55

Hi @Ovande_Furtado,

See Plugin Gallery Dont work - #48 by asmecher.

Regards,
Alec Smecher