OJS 3 Memcache bug?

Hi,

I have two separate OJS 3.1.1.4 installations for two journals on the shared hosting account.
I enabled Memcache for both of them and then the contents from the two journals started to mix! Some of the articles from one journal were shown on other journal’s website.
Also, homepage on one of the journals was showing archival, rather than the actual selected current issue.

I disabled Memcache and everything went back to normal.

I have the Cloudflare CDN enabled on my hosting. In addition, my hosting company (Siteground) has some own caching.

Is this a bug with Memcache? Are you interested in evaluating further this issue?
Best regards,
Faruk

Hi @BJBMS

Hmm, I think that memcache support wasn’t really tested. I found related discussion and a pull request: switch to a supported Memcached library · Issue #3299 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Can you describe how I can reproduce it? Are you using PHP 7+ and php-memcached 3+? GitHub - php-memcached-dev/php-memcached: memcached extension based on libmemcached library

Hi all,

OJS’s memcache support was added a very long time ago and rarely tested/used. I’d suggest disabling it until it can get some dev attention.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello
In my magazine I have a login problem and I was suggested to disable the mencache, but I am new to using OJS and I do not know how to disable it.
Could you tell me how to do it thanks

It can be disabled in confing.inc.php file in the root folder of OJS.
Find these lines and add ; if there isn’t any at the beginning

; Enable memcache support
; memcache_hostname = …
; memcache_port = …