OJS 3: make simple CSS change

Does “copy and paste it into your custom css file” mean the codes, e.g. in footer.less, will be saved as footer.css after changing some codes such as

.pkp_structure_footer {
text-align: right;

?

Thanks

Greetings @kawahyu,

All changes in appearance are recommended to make by creating a child-theme, because after update changes in OJS files can be lost.

Extensive documentation of how to do this is here: https://github.com/NateWr/default-child

After copying file to theme directory you simple can modify remove-border.less file or make you own. The directory must be named default-child if you do not want to make any changes in version.xml file.

You can put any css code you like into remove-border.less and it will apply to your site appearance. All changes in this file will override core ojs css rules.

I am using default theme. It means that I need to create a child theme first in order to make any modification?

Hi @Vitaliy
Thanks for your hint. I successfully make the justify alignment by adding your code to .less file.

If you only want to make a couple of small changes to CSS, you can upload your own .css file under Settings > Appearance > Journal Style Sheet.

This is the easiest way to do small changes if you are unable to implement a child theme or only want to do a couple of tiny things.