[OJS 3] Database upgrade problem?

Hello all,

I’m trying to upgrade an OJS 2.x database to OJS 3, but after running the php tools/upgrade.php upgrade, it still claims database version is older…

Any ideas why the HTML code is being output and why the commands didn’t apparently execute?

Is there a problem with my CLI config?

Hello all,

Anyone??
Need to fix this ASAP…

Hi @ramon,

It looks like you have debug turned on in config.inc.php. What do you get with that turned off?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello @asmecher,

That was probably the reason for so much HTML displayed…
Now, this has popped up:

PHP Warning: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /var/www/ojs3/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386

Is it serious?

Hi @ramon,

No, that’s cosmetic.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher,

Probably a php configuration variable, but these messages are creeping up:

PHP Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/www/ojs3/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb-xmlschema.inc.php on line 267

These also:
PHP Warning: Declaration of SubmissionLanguageEntryDAO::getByControlledVocabId($controlledVocabId, $rangeInfo = NULL) should be compatible with ControlledVocabEntryDAO::getByControlledVocabId($controlledVocabId, $rangeInfo = NULL, $filter = NULL) in /var/www/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/submission/SubmissionLanguageEntryDAO.inc.php on line 46
PHP Warning: Declaration of SubmissionSubjectEntryDAO::getByControlledVocabId($controlledVocabId, $rangeInfo = NULL) should be compatible with ControlledVocabEntryDAO::getByControlledVocabId($controlledVocabId, $rangeInfo = NULL, $filter = NULL) in /var/www/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/submission/SubmissionSubjectEntryDAO.inc.php on line 44
PHP Warning: Declaration of SubmissionAgencyEntryDAO::getByControlledVocabId($controlledVocabId, $rangeInfo = NULL) should be compatible with ControlledVocabEntryDAO::getByControlledVocabId($controlledVocabId, $rangeInfo = NULL, $filter = NULL) in /var/www/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/submission/SubmissionAgencyEntryDAO.inc.php on line 44

Hi @ramon,

Those are all cosmetic and as long as your errors and warnings are directed to the log file, rather than the browser, they won’t interfere.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher,
After running for quite a while, system still claims DB needs to be upgraded…

We had a few network connection problems… But I don’t think they would be of harm, since it’s running MySQL on the same virtual machine…

Hi @ramon,

There is a Fatal Error in your screenshot; I’d suggest searching the forum for that message.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher,

I found this topic.

I’ll try the SQL’s and see if they help…

Should I upgrade to 3.0.1 then upgrade OJS 3?

Hello all,

As recommended by topic linked above, upgrade from 2.x to 3.x MUST be:

1. Upgrade to OJS 3.0.1

2. Upgrade to latest OJS 3.x version.

But, this error happened:

[code: Installer Installer::enabledSitePlugins]

[code: Installer Installer::moveCSSFiles]

[code: Installer Installer::moveReviewerFiles]

[code: Installer Installer::fixAuthorGroup]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.0.0_reviewer_files.xml]

[code: Installer Installer::removeCancelledReviewAssignments]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.1.0_notifications.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.1.0_notes.xml (skipped)]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.1.0_galley_settings.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.1.0_update.xml]
ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: Incorrect datetime value: ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’ for column ‘date_decided’ at row 310

Hi @ramon,

Check your OJS 2.x database’s edit_decisions table to ensure that all rows have a valid date and time in the date_decided column.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher,

I have 54 records with date_decied = 0000-00-00 00:00:00
Why is that a problem?
How can I fix this?

Hi @ramon,

That’s invalid/bad data, and should be corrected to a valid date and time.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher,

There are a bunch of warnings of missing files:
PHP Warning: copy(/home/ramon/ojs3-submission-files/journals/2//articles/4392/attachment/4392-1-12775-1-13-20180917.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/ojs-3.0.1/lib/pkp/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 159

I wonder what could this be…
files_dir doesn’t have any trailing slashes…

We’ve experienced some strange behavior in OJS 2, where some authors managed to complete a submission without uploading a submission file…

Hi @ramon,

I’d suggest posting that as a new forum topic. That’ll help keep the forum organized for others who encounter the same problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher,

As soon as possible I’ll open another thread with that issue.
However, we’ll soon be moving to OJS 3…
It finally worked!

Gladly, all the procedure is documented!