OJS 3: "Comment for the editor" information missing

At the beginning of an authors submission there is a field “comment for the editor” (as in Version 2.x). But where are these comments visible for the editor later on?

Thank you
Sabrina

1 Like

Hello @sabrinaeck, try for that submission:

(Stage) Review=> Reviewers=> blue arrow =>Review Details

Anna

Hi @ania

Thank you for looking into this.
The reviewing comments for/from reviewer/editor are clear and ok for us. We are missing the comment from the author to the editor (written from the author during sumitting the manuscript):

The comments entered here should be somehow visible for the editor - but we cant find the place :disappointed:

Sabrina

Ok @sabrinaeck, you are right, perhaps @bozana can help?

@sabrinaeck and @ania

Hmmm… It seems it is not displayed anywhere. I created a new GitHub Issue for that. Please track it for changes/fix.

Thanks!
Bozana

Hi all,

FYI, the issue is filed over here:

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Grrrrrr… Me crazy! I forgot to write the Issue link :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m running OJS v3.1.2 but still can’t see the comments to the editor in the submission page. Could you please let me know where exactly I should be seeing it?

Hi @reagan,

I believe it should be visible under the “Discussions” list on the Submission workflow page. [Cross-posted: Display comments for editor · Issue #1873 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub]

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sorry for posting in Github as well. I found the bug report there only after posting here. I’ll upgrade to 3.2 and post back with an update.

1 Like