OJS 3 Bootstrap3 logo edit

Hi,

I was looking to edit the logo in the Bootstrap 3 theme. I’ve seen the post for the size of the logo (http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca/t/ojs-3-small-logo-in-bootstrap-theme/22695) but I can’t find where to change the code and I was looking to center the logo as well. with something like the code below

.navbar-brand {
  transform: translateX(-50%);
  left: 50%;
  position: absolute;
}

I am not able to find exactly where I need to make these edits. I have been using the Journal version of the Bootstrap theme but all my edits don’t change the logo. I’ve tried clearing Template Cache but I’m afraid I’m looking in the wrong place. Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

Any specifics on where to edit the CSS in the Bootstrap3 Journal theme would be very helpful. Every change I make doesn’t change the live website. Thanks.

Hi @Pippin,

Try removing cache/*.css and see if that causes your changes to start appearing. If the cache doesn’t seem to get regenerated, then perhaps you have a typo in one of your .less files that’s preventing it from getting compiled; in that case the PHP error log should contain details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Thank you @asmecher

Clearing the cache let me figure out which of the files I needed to edit. I was not sure with the multiple locations of the .less files, It makes mores sense now. Being able to center and enlarge the logo as well as add a mobile alternative for the larger logo is great now that I’m beginning to understand the theme format. Thanks.

Hi @Pippin,

Can you tell in which file you are making the modification as there is many CSS file in OJS?

Hi @vebaev

I made the logo edits under plugins/themes/bootstrap3/styles/ using the bootstrap.less file. It’s been interesting figuring it out, because its totally different than what I’m use to.