OJS 3 backend journal page not loading

Hi guys, im using OJS 3.2.1.1.
I have a problem with the OJS backend, the menu on the OJS backend can’t appear when i enter journals, it gets stuck and just keeps on loading.

I have tried to fix it by delete cache browser, clear data cache, clear template cache but nothing happen.

Any idea? pls help on how do i fix it…
Regards

Hello @im_destra

Have you do OJS upgrade recently ?

Best
Hendra

Hi
I did the upgrade OJS 2 years ago, and nothing happened. This issue appeared 2 days ago.

Hello @im_destra

Can you check the error log on your server for the domain that used by the OJS?
And paste the related error here so the community can help you with that.

Regards
Hendra

Hi
i have turn on display_errors setting in config.inc.php, and this error appear when i login on user menu dashboard.

method PKPApplication::getRequest() should not be called statically in xxx/plugins/generic/registrationNotification/RegistrationNotificationPlugin.inc.php on line 54

Warning : Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at xxx/plugins/generic/registrationNotification/RegistrationNotificationPlugin.inc.php:54) in xxx/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 915

Warning : Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at xxx/plugins/generic/registrationNotification/RegistrationNotificationPlugin.inc.php:54) in xxx/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 916

hi
i’ve finish my issue, this is related to malware.
somebody is attach html code on my index.php.

can anyone tell how to secure my ojs data and avoid this problem occur again in future ?
thanks

regards
im_destra

Dear @im_destra

Here is my suggestion :

1. Upgrade your OJS to the latest version
  2. Configure the base_dir on your PHP-FPM configuration for other vhost on your server so it won’t affect other vhost when one of the vhost get hacked
  3. Disabled the php function in php.ini “exec,passthru,shell_exec,system,proc_open,popen,curl_exec,curl_multi_exec,parse_ini_file,show_source”
  4. Add protection layer to your domain such as using cloudflare or ModSecurity

More of this can be read here :
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi6o7jT0qL7AhXK-XMBHbjkBIYQFnoECBMQAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fopenjournaltheme.com%2Fdocs%2Fhow-to-secure-ojs&usg=AOvVaw17GnVOJLbiyDyaynERfoCB

Regards
Hendra

1 Like

Hi @im_destra,

Was your files_dir (in config.inc.php) configured inside your web root? If so, that’s an unsafe misconfiguration, and the most common way OJS sites get attacked.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like