OJS 3 allows submissions to restricted sections

I’ve set the sections from a journal to be restricted only to editors and section editors, but somehow authors can send submissions to those sections.

AFAIK, in the previous versions if an editor decided to “block” his/her journal from receiving submissions, all they had to do was to set it to all journal’s sections. But it’s not working anymore on OJS 3.

Section settings:
telaSecao

Submission window from an author:
telaSubmissao

Version: OJS 3.0.0.0

TIA

Hi @Marcos_Cardoso,

This section setting should work as you are expecting so that authors are not able to select the section when submitting to the journal. My suggestion would be to check that the user account you are testing this with only has the author role assigned. If the user accounts has a secondary role of editor or section editor, the system will grant them permission to submit to the section even if the setting turned on.

If this problem persists when testing with a user account that only has an author role assigned, it unfortunately may be a bug in the system. The version of OJS that you’re using (OJS 3.0) is no longer supported by PKP. I recommend that you upgrade to the newest version of OJS, as it is possible that your issue will be resolved by upgrading. However, other community members may wish to offer assistance.

Upgrading instructions are available in the PKP Administrator’s Guide.

Information about the latest version of OJS can be found on the PKP Website