[OJS 3.3] Static Pages Plugin error

Greetings,

I created a new static page and wanted to make some changes to it but regardless of what i do no changes are applied. I can delete the page and create a new page with the changes but as soon as i change the path and title it goes back to the old version.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
José Nobre

Hi @josenobre,

What specific version of OJS 3.3 are you using (e.g. 3.3.0-7?)? And, what version of the static page plugin are you using as well?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis

I’m sorry for not identifying the version correctly, the OJS version is 3.3.0-7 and the plugin version is 1.2.

Best regards,
José Nobre

Hi @josenobre,

I’m wondering if you have tried clearing the caches and if that would make a difference?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis

Yes i tried to clear the caches (Clear Data Caches) and did it again just to be sure but there was no change.

Best regards,
José Nobre

Hello @josenobre

Just in case … where are you making the changes? … we faced a similar situation just to find out that the static pages plugin is now deprecated and the changes to static pages should be made through the Menu editor at Website > Setup > Navigation.

We found that with the new version (3.3.0.5 for us) there were two entries in that section for every static page… one just pointing to the static page and the other with the contents of the static page.

We chose to edit the Primary Navigattion Menu, delete the “pointing” one from Assigned Menu Items and drag the “contents” one from Unnassigned Menu Items. After that, editing of the static page is done there and it shows as expected.

Hope that helps

2 Likes

I tried it now in OJS 3.3.0-7 version. The plugin works flawlessly.

Hi @hilongo

I tried to edit via Website > Setup > Navigation as you suggested and i was successful.
Thanks you for your advice.

Best regards,
José Nobre

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.