OJS 3.3 article component options not appearing in "What kind of file is this?" dialog box

Description of issue or problem I’m having:

I have defined various article components under Workflow > Submission > Components. Some of these components were present by default (e.g., Image, Multimedia), and others I added (e.g., Cover Page). However, these components do not appear in the “What kind of file is this?” dialog box that users can choose from after they upload a file and click the “Other” option instead of “Article Text.” In other words, the “What kind of file is this?” dialog box only shows a fixed list of options that does not include the ones mentioned above - instead, it just lists the following: article text, research instrument, research materials, research results, transcripts, data analysis, data set, source texts, other.

Is there a way to configure the options in this list to include Image, Multimedia, and any custom items that I define in in the submission workflow settings?

Steps I took leading up to the issue:

What I tried to resolve the issue:

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:

Hi @devsoper,

Thanks for sharing. What specific version are you using (e.g. 3.3.0-8?). I’d be curious to test this and see if I get the same result.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks, Roger. We are using 3.3.0.5.

Hi @devsoper,

An interesting thing that I noticed when I tested this. There are two options:

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 9.26.56 AM

If you select the second option (these are supplementary files) - your new item (I used cover page as a test case) does appear. Whereas, if you select the first option, it doesn’t. I’m going to look into this a bit further, but can you test it out with just the supplementary files option and see if it works for you?

-Roger
PKP Team

That works for me, Roger! Thanks so much for your help with this.