OJS 3.3.0-8 Localhost Install Issue

Hello,

I am trying to install the 3.3.0-8 version on my computer to see the new features. However, I am getting a database error:

A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES) (SQL: create table announcement_types (type_id bigint not null auto_increment primary key, assoc_type smallint not null, assoc_id bigint not null) default character set utf8 collate ‘utf8_general_ci’)

How can I fix this issue?

Utku

Hi @utkug

Can you log into mysql using those credentials? Or is this further along, and perhaps your root user does not have the CREATE privilege?

Jason

Hello @jnugent, I can log in with that credentials and I also tried to install it on a live website, I encountered the same problem.

Utku

Hi @utkug

in that case I’d check the mysql privileges for the root user, or (better) create a dedicated OJS user using a mysql GRANT statement that provides the necessary privileges to create tables.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/grant.html

Cheers,
Jason

Hello @jnugent ,

The user has all the privileges in both instances.

Utku

Errors occurred during installation
A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘nanomicro_ojsu’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES) (SQL: create table announcement_types (type_id bigint not null auto_increment primary key, assoc_type smallint not null, assoc_id bigint not null) default character set utf8 collate ‘utf8_general_ci’)

I have experienced the same problem, please help.
I use a shared online hosting with Cpanel control panel.
I use OJS 3.3.0.14

How to solve the problem?