OJS 3.3.0.8 - File Upload Error

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
When we click save on the “Edit a Layout Galley” page and click “Change File,” OJS throws the following error: “Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned.” Here’s a short video of the issue: https://www.screencast.com/t/5tU2aksadz.

What I tried to resolve the issue:
I verified that the show_stacktrace and display_errors in the config.inc.php file are set to “Off.”

*Application Version
OJS 3.3.0.8

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:

The php log shows the following:

[22-Jun-2022 14:24:40 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method SubmissionFileDAO::getAllFileStages() in /home/umassded/dev.ojs.lib.umassd.edu/lib/pkp/controllers/wizard/fileUpload/PKPFileUploadWizardHandler.inc.php:75
Stack trace:
#0 /home/umassded/dev.ojs.lib.umassd.edu/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(387): PKPFileUploadWizardHandler->authorize(Object(Request), Array, Array)
#1 /home/umassded/dev.ojs.lib.umassd.edu/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array)
#2 /home/umassded/dev.ojs.lib.umassd.edu/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(144): PKPComponentRouter->route(Object(Request))
#3 /home/umassded/dev.ojs.lib.umassd.edu/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(363): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
#4 /home/umassded/dev.ojs.lib.umassd.edu/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()
#5 {main}
thrown in /home/umassded/dev.ojs.lib.umassd.edu/lib/pkp/controllers/wizard/fileUpload/PKPFileUploadWizardHandler.inc.php on line 75

Here’s the relevant section of the PKPFileUploadWizardHandler.inc.php file referenced in the php log:
// Implement template methods from PKPHandler
//
function authorize($request, &$args, $roleAssignments) {
// We validate file stage outside a policy because
// we don’t need to validate in another places.
$fileStage = (int) $request->getUserVar(‘fileStage’);
if ($fileStage) {
$submissionFileDao = DAORegistry::getDAO(‘SubmissionFileDAO’); /* @var $submissionFileDao SubmissionFileDAO */
$fileStages = $submissionFileDao->getAllFileStages();
if (!in_array($fileStage, $fileStages)) {
return false;
}
}

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Matt

Problem fixed: Somehow when we updated to 3.3.0.8 there were files in our installation that are not in the official download. For example we had a PKPFileUploadWizardHandler.inc.php in addition to FileUploadWizardHandler.inc.php. I did a fresh install and that fixed the issue.