OJS 3.3.0.8: Copy editors cannot view the article assigned to them for copy editing

When ever a copy editor tries to view the article assigned to them for copy editing, there appears this issue:

I have checked, the user has the role “copy editor”
The author has followed all the protocols.
Need assistance to fix this issue.
Thanks in advance

Hi @KMC,

Are you able to access your php error log, and can identify any relevant errors there? These Browser messages tend not to be all that helpful in pointing to what that issue is.

Regards,

-Roger
PKP Team

Below are the errors whne a copy editor wants to view a file assigned to them for copy editing:

[15-Dec-2021 05:11:18 UTC] PHP Warning: ini_set(): Session ini settings cannot be changed when a session is active in /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 69
[15-Dec-2021 05:11:18 UTC] PHP Warning: ini_set(): Session ini settings cannot be changed when a session is active in /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 69
[15-Dec-2021 05:11:18 UTC] PHP Warning: Undefined array key 5 in /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/workflow/PKPWorkflowHandler.inc.php on line 157
[15-Dec-2021 05:11:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: array_intersect(): Argument #2 must be of type array, null given in /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/workflow/PKPWorkflowHandler.inc.php:157
Stack trace:
#0 /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/workflow/PKPWorkflowHandler.inc.php(157): array_intersect(Array, NULL)
#1 /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(395): PKPWorkflowHandler->index(Array, Object(Request))
#2 /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(246): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)
#3 /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(144): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
#4 /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(362): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
#5 /home/jmedscic/public_html/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()
#6 {main}
thrown in /home/jmedscic/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/workflow/PKPWorkflowHandler.inc.php on line 157

Hi @KMC,

Thank you for these additional details. I’ll see if one of our other staff members is able to assist.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Kindly please. I am waiting

Awaiting for your response. Kindly help me is fixing this issue as it is widely affecting our work flow.

The code here checks to see if the editor has access to the Production workflow stage. Does the copy editor role have this permission in your configuration?

Thank you for your reply. we vent assign the Production workflow stage access to the copy editors, as if was not assigned in since day start. in the previous versions of OJS it was working fine until we updated to the latest version of OJS.
Now i allowed the production stage access to the copy editor role and for now working fine