OJS 3.3.0-7 - task list doesn't load

OJS 3.3.0-7 single journal installation (freshly upgraded from OJS 3.2.1-2)

We are having an issue where the task list (top right corner, bell symbol) doesn’t load.
We get the following error:

[Mon Jun 28 15:38:37.188580 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 16336] [client 130.60.114.122:49193] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getSubmissionId() on null in /var/www/virtual/ojs.chimia.ch/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/notifications/NotificationsGridCellProvider.inc.php:118\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/virtual/ojs.chimia.ch/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/notifications/NotificationsGridCellProvider.inc.php(44): NotificationsGridCellProvider->_getTitle(Object(Notification))\n#1 /var/www/virtual/ojs.chimia.ch/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/GridCellProvider.inc.php(56): NotificationsGridCellProvider->getCellActions(Object(Request), Object(GridRow), Object(GridColumn))\n#2 /var/www/virtual/ojs.chimia.ch/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/GridHandler.inc.php(1102): GridCellProvider->render(Object(Request), Object(GridRow), Object(GridColumn))\n#3 /var/www/virtual/ojs.chimia.ch/htdocs/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/GridHandler.inc.php(1009): GridHandler->_renderCellInternally(Object(Request), Object(GridRow), Object(GridColumn)…’, referer: Login | CHIMIA

Hmm. I have this type of notifications in the notifications table - 268435478

• I can’t find this Id in the file system anywhere.

This system had been originally installed as OJS 3.1 and was subsequently upgraded to OJS 3.3.0-7

@NateWr, @asmecher - any clue?

Hi @mpbraendle,

268435478 is 0x10000016 in hexadecimal; that constant is defined in OJS 3.1.2 here:

That notification type does not exist in OJS 3.2.0 or later; the upgrade process is pretty old so I’d rather not dig into it in detail, but you should be OK to remove entries in notifications with type = 268435478 if that resolves the task list problem. (Make sure to take a backup before working in the database directly.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.