[OJS 3.3.0.7] Search Results - Child Theme (Bootstrap3)

Hi Everyone,

I have created a minor customization to search results in the child theme (a customization of Bootstrap3), article_summary.tpl file which adds the journal name to the search results above the authors listing. The changes do not work in the child theme.

I tested this by adding the same customization in the parent theme and it worked. As soon as I add back the child theme, the search results changes aren’t reflected. Has anyone run into a similar issues while customizing their search templates? I’ve already checked that our recent build has this bug fix included so wondering if I found a new bug?

We’re OJS 3.3.0.7, if you have any thoughts on this, I’d appreciate hearing from you. Thank you.

Best,
Rachel

{* OUR CUSTOMIZATION - Add journal name to the search results *}
         {if $journal}. 
         <b><a href="{url|escape journal=$journal->getPath()}">{$journal->getLocalizedName()}</a></b>
         {/if}

{* Retrieve author name in search results *}
         {if $showAuthor || $article->getPages()}

{if $showAuthor}
                         <div class="meta">
                                 {if $showAuthor}
                                         <div class="authors">
                                                 {$article->getAuthorString()|escape}
                                         </div>
                                 {/if}
                                                                 </div>
                 {/if}

{* Page numbers for this article *}
                 {if $article->getPages()}
                         <p class="pages">
                                 {$article->getPages()|escape}
                         </p>
                 {/if}

{/if}

Hi @wangra,

Hmm, at the first glance the code looks OK to me.
Have you debugged this already? Only this particular customization doesn’t work or you can reproduce this problem in other ways?

1 Like

Thank you for the reply @Vitaliy, I have fixed the issue, turns out the article_summary.tpl file was in the wrong location, yikes. Appreciate the response, I’ll update the status to solved! It was human error! :sweat_smile:

1 Like