[OJS 3.3.0-7] ORCID plugin: error with handleEditorAction() method

Hi!

OJS version: 3.3.0-7
ORCID Profile plugin: v1.1.3.1 released on 2022-03-07

I’ve set up OrcidProfile plugin using the public ORCID API and everything is working fine except for the “Send e-mail to request ORCID authorization from authors when an article is accepted ie. sent to copy editing” option.

When this action is triggered, I get:

PHP Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'OrcidProfilePlugin' does not have a method 'handleEditorAction' in {ojs}/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php on line 107

Deleted the plugin, reinstalled through the Plugin gallery but nothing changed.

Finally, I found that the handleEditorAction() function declaration is missing for this 1.1.3.1 tag. Just by pasting the declaration from the previous 1.1.2-26 version, the plugin sends the email (ORCID_COLLECT_AUTHOR_ID) and the PHP errors log stay clean.

I’m not sure if this should be reported as an issue or maybe I’m missing something else.

1 Like

Hi @gonzalognzl,

Thanks for your post. @Dulip_Withanage: would you mind weighing on this and whether or not this should be reported as an issue?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @gonzalognzl ,
Let me have a look at the end of the week and come back to you next week.

Hi @Dulip_Withanage ,

where you able to take a look at this one?

Hi everbody!
Any update on this?

Sorry, this one went forgotten.

I have looked into this and will send a plugin gallery update soon.

Great @Dulip_Withanage
Thanks all!

Hi @gonzalognzl @dagosalas ,

I have released a new version 1.1.3.2 with a fix. You can either get it from the plugin gallery directly.

Dulip

2 Likes

@Dulip_Withanage, after doing an upgrade tthrough the plugin gallery the issue is solved.

Thank you!