[OJS 3.3.0.6] Visual issue with a drop-down menu in Manuscript theme

Hi OJS team!
I noticed a visual glitch in the drop-down menu in a clean install of OJS 3.3.0.6 with Manuscript theme. The essence of the problem is a small shift of the drop-down menu during hover event. After clicking the parent menu item (focus event), it returns to the correct place. The offset relative to the parent menu item is different depending on the position of the parent item in the menu bar. I noticed that this shift is greater the earlier the parent menu item is located in the menu bar. For example,
hover event:
Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 23.19.44
focus event:
Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 23.19.56
hover event:
Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 23.20.31
focus event:
Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 23.20.41

And it seems that in the second case something is wrong with the padding for the drop-down menu items

Hi @crosfield,

Thank you for pointing this out - we’ll try to have a look. Can you verify what version of Manuscript theme you’re running?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis
Yes, of course, last version <release>1.0.3.1</release>

By the way, the user menu also has a different look
hover event:
Screenshot 2021-05-20 at 15.16.36

focus event:
Screenshot 2021-05-20 at 15.16.49

Hi @crosfield,

Are you able to indicate which version of the Manuscript theme you’re using? That might help us pinpoint this issue further.

-Roger
PKP Team

I wrote above - the last one <release>1.0.3.1</release>

Oops - sorry! I somehow missed this. I’ll see the theme developer (paging @NateWr) can have a look at this more closely and speak to it.

-Roger

Thanks for the answer, @rcgillis! Is there anything I need to do to make him know about this problem?

Thanks for reporting, @crosfield! It looks like this issue effects the default theme as well. I’ve filed an issue and you can follow progress there.