OJS 3.3.0.4 - Problem with old galleys link

Hi!
I have a problem with the links of the galleys in the old files loaded with the “QuickSubmit Plugin” at the time. After updating to 3.3.0.4 if you click on the link it doesn’t take you to the PDF but to the page of another work which in turn if you click again on its PDF takes you to another page. Is this a bug that has already been found? Is it possible to correct it?

Thanks
Bye

Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

Can you clarify what you mean by “old files” - are these galleys from past issues? Perhaps you could provide a link or screenshot to further describe what you’re experiencing?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis, sure i’m referring, to the galleys i uploaded in the articles with the “QuickSubmit Plugin”. after updating to version 3.3.0.4, if you click on the galley of these old articles it doesn’t download the PDF, but it opens me another page of another work, and so on, it’s like the link to the PDF is corrupted.

to make me understand better I invite you to click on this work, and then click on the galley PDF

Thanks for the support.
Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

I see what you mean. What about in the editorial workflow. When you login as journal manager are you able to see the galley associated with the article there - under your back issues? If so, could you share a screenshot showing what you see?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis, no strangely in all that issue there does not let me access the workflow, and I am the administrator of the site. I attach the screenshot:

Schermata 2021-05-05 alle 13.14.32

Thanks
Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano

If I understand correctly you have upgraded for an older version, right? If so, can you please verify and share the URLs of two articles:

• one that works correctly
  • one that has issues and you are getting the above error

I recall I experienced similar issue when upgraded in the past.

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs, sure, the first one is ok, the second one is the one posted above:

1. https://www.monaldi-archives.org/index.php/macd/article/view/1662

2. https://www.monaldi-archives.org/index.php/macd/article/view

The first thing I notice is that the id is missing at the end of the URL
Thanks for the support!
Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano

Uf, I thought you are getting the error above in the ‘admin’ UI. I don’t get the error you explained, but see an article. Which is strange as the URL doesn’t contain the article ID at teh end.

Sorrry, I don’t know how to help here.

Regards, Primož

Up! For support!

Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

I think you might be encountering Article links broken after update to 3.3.0-4 · Issue #6872 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub, which is already fixed in later releases of OJS; I’d recommend upgrading to the latest. (Right now that would be OJS 3.3.0-6, which is database-compatible with OJS 3.3.0-4, so would be a much quicker upgrade than e.g. 3.2.x to 3.3.x.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher, thanks for the advice, I will try to update my version to see if it solves my problem.

Bye
Tiziano

Hi @asmecher, after updating to the latest version of the software the corrupted links are fixed. Thanks!
Bye
Tiziano

1 Like

Hi @Tiziano,

Thanks for confirming!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

This topic was automatically closed after 17 days. New replies are no longer allowed.