OJS error when saving email template

I’m experiencing a puzzling error when trying to edit email templates and I can’t figure out why.
I get this error when I open and try to save any email template, whether or not I make any changes.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 194652

This journal currently run but has gone through multiple upgrades over recent years.

Hi @tmrozewski,

So, it doesn’t give any indication as to what the errors are? Interesting …

Is this tied to the use of this plugin: GitHub - ajnyga/objectsForReview - or are you doing this at some other place within the workflow?

PKP Team

Hi Roger, it’s not that plugin - we’re getting in most but not all email templates, including both templates associated with vanilla OJS and with plugins. I’ve also noticed that, for the templates that produce the error, the globe icon for translations shows that there’s a higher number of translations present than there are languages active in the system - see the attached screenshot, where it shows that 17/2 languages are present.

OJS-template too many translations

I’d also note that I made a mistake - the version is actually, not 0.2.

Hi @tmrozewski,

Hmmm… this is peculiar. Not entirely sure what was going on here, but I wasn’t able to replicate the issue. I’m going to see if I can get a member of our Dev Team to assist.

PKP Team

Hi @tmrozewski, it sounds like something has gone a bit haywire with the language configuration. Can you send a screenshot of the language settings for your journal (Settings > Website > Setup > Languages)?

Do you have some technical support available from your service provider? If so, it would be great to see the result of this SQL query:

select * from journal_settings where setting_name LIKE '%Locales%' where journal_id=<your-journal-id>

If you are the only journal in the system, you can leave out the part from where to the end.

Here’s what I got, Nate:
mysql> select * from journal_settings where setting_name LIKE ‘%Locales%’;
| journal_id | locale | setting_name | setting_value | setting_type |
| 130 | | supportedFormLocales | [“en_US”,“fr_CA”] | object |
| 130 | | supportedLocales | [“en_US”,“fr_CA”] | object |
| 130 | | supportedSubmissionLocales | [“en_US”,“fr_CA”] | object |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Thanks @tmrozewski, it looks like this is a bug in 3.3. I’ve filed an issue and you can follow progress there.

Excellent, thanks for that Nate. That’s a big relief.